In August 1974, a French street artist stepped on to a high wire strung illegally between the two towers of the World Trade Center. New Yorkers looked up in awe as Philippe Petit appeared to dance back and forth across the wire for 30 minutes, a quarter mile up […]
Why “Longwave” Financial? We believe that history repeats itself and an investor that can embrace the cyclicality of markets will be rewarded over time. But in an era where finance is a form of entertainment, we all need help staying the course and on plan.
That is us.
Longwave clients have a knack for tuning out financial noise. By working with us, they have come to share our long-term perspective. They are confident in their future because they have learned to focus on areas of their financial life that they can control.
The ultimate reward of smart, holistic planning and disciplined investing is something more elusive than a larger home or a shopping spree: it’s confidence. Confidence is knowing that each step forward is a step in the right direction. When you don’t have to worry about your financial future or feel like you’re dropping the ball—you are free to pursue the things that make life worth living.
- Help you understand your overall financial picture and pin down your goals.
- Establish a roadmap that lays out specific financial planning steps, encompassing your entire financial picture, required for you to achieve those goals.
- Implement your roadmap by focusing on areas of planning and investing that are within your control.
- Provide you with an annual Personal Scorecard to show you how your investments, and the money you are putting away, are moving you towards your goals. We stress test both your portfolio and your personal financial plan for the unpredictable.
Our beliefs guide our investment approach. We will faithfully follow these simple guidelines in building and maintaining your portfolio:
- We believe that capitalism works and that markets reward investors for risk over time.
- We believe that trying to predict markets is futile.
- We believe that passive investment management is superior to active management due to lower costs, diversification and more reliable outcomes.
- We feel that a scientific approach to investing can yield superior results.
To build your portfolio, our common-sense investment management approach focuses on the science of investing to identify strategies that we call Dimensions of Control. The essence of this approach is that we help you focus on strategies that reliably tip the scales in your favor.
Because Longwave Financial focuses on financial planning and education with our individual clients, we speak your employee’s language. At the same time we can work with individual business owners to leverage their corporate benefits to achieve personal goals such as tax deferral, business continuity and retirement planning. Our services include
- Helping business owners plan around personal goals such as tax, succession and planning
- Designing and maximizing your 401k offering
- Designing and implementing key employee benefits
- Buy-Sell Insurance
- Group Life and Disability Coverage
Call us to discuss your benefits needs and references.