Although they’re old enough to go off to college, you’re still helping them remember to pack enough underwear. It’s still your job to keep them safe so you make sure they bring their Neosporin and HEPA air filter amongst countless other necessities they have surely taken for granted up until this point. What you might […]
Why "Longwave" Financial? We believe that history repeats itself and an investor that can embrace the cyclicality of markets will be rewarded over time. But in an era where finance is a form of entertainment, we all need help staying the course and on plan.
That is us.
Longwave clients have a knack for tuning out financial noise. By working with us, they have come to share our long-term perspective. They are confident in their future because they have learned to focus on areas of their financial life that they can control.
optimism about the future and a
deliberate vision for how to get there.
The ultimate reward of smart, holistic planning and disciplined investing is something more elusive than a larger home or a shopping spree: it's confidence. Confidence is knowing that each step forward is a step in the right direction. When you don’t have to worry about your financial future or feel like you're dropping the ball—you are free to pursue the things that make life worth living.
It takes a different perspective to think differently. Our perspective stems from our independence. We built this firm free from the sales-driven Wall Street mindset. Operating under the FIDUCIARY standard puts us on the same side of the table as our clients.
We embrace innovation and continually work to improve our knowledge and responsiveness.
Most importantly, our independence allows us to listen and collaborate. We are exhilarated to be a part of our clients’ lives. Likewise, we seek out clients who are as motivated about self-improvement as we are.
If you like the idea of reliable outcomes; if you share our independent streak; if you are ready to Plan, Invest, Thrive, we enthusiastically invite you to take the first step and meet us.
Your Financial Plan
It can be hard to feel confident about an unknown future. However, at Longwave, we believe that having a clear vision can bring your future into focus and illuminate the path. Our focus on reliable strategies means your future is never left to guesswork. Longwave’s Financial Planning process sets you on this path.
- Help you understand your overall financial picture and pin down your goals.
- Establish a roadmap that lays out specific financial planning steps, encompassing your entire financial picture, required for you to achieve those goals.
- Implement your roadmap by focusing on areas of planning and investing that are within your control.
- Provide you with an annual Personal Scorecard to show you how your investments, and the money you are putting away, are moving you towards your goals. We stress test both your portfolio and your personal financial plan for the unpredictable.
"The most important thing about an investment philosophy is to have one."
Our beliefs guide our investment approach. We will faithfully follow these simple guidelines in building and maintaining your portfolio:
- We believe that capitalism works and that markets reward investors for risk over time.
- We believe that trying to predict markets is futile.
- We believe that passive investment management is superior to active management due to lower costs, diversification and more reliable outcomes.
- We feel that a scientific approach to investing can yield superior results.
To build your portfolio, our common-sense investment management approach focuses on the science of investing to identify strategies that we call Dimensions of Control. The essence of this approach is that we help you focus on strategies that reliably tip the scales in your favor.
Things You Can’t Control
- Market Timing
- Stock Picking
- Picking Managers
- Economic or Political Events
- The Financial Press
Things You Can Control
- Planning and Saving
- Investment Fees and Expenses
- Managing Emotions
To stay competitive when it comes to recruitment and retention, even smaller businesses must have a thoughtful benefits strategy.
Because Longwave Financial focuses on financial planning and education with our individual clients, we speak your employee’s language. At the same time we can work with individual business owners to leverage their corporate benefits to achieve personal goals such as tax deferral, business continuity and retirement planning.
Our services include
- Helping business owners plan around personal goals such as tax, succession and planning
- Designing and maximizing your 401k offering
- Designing and implementing key employee benefits
- Buy-Sell Insurance
- Group Life and Disability Coverage
Call us to discuss your benefits needs and references.
News & Knowledge
By Nathan Munits, Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF®) New research from Prudential finds Americans are questioning college debt more than ever before. While a college education is still highly valued, many graduates end up questioning whether the cost of attending college is worth the financial sacrifice. Among the findings: Only 1 in 4 surveyed graduates who […]
By Nathan Munits, Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF®) Over the past year you might have seen articles about the Department of Labor’s newly issued Fiduciary Rule. This rule, which went live on June 9th, obligates financial professionals who work with retirement accounts such as 401ks or IRAs to work in the client’s best interest. While […]
We see a bear market contraction roughly every 3.5 years on average, but trying to time the markets to avoid losses has often been a recipe for disaster. If you are particularly anxious, speak to your advisor about strategies that offer downside protection.